This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.4895 / 52°29'22"N
Longitude: -1.9113 / 1°54'40"W
OS Eastings: 406118
OS Northings: 287961
OS Grid: SP061879
Mapcode National: GBR 5X5.WG
Mapcode Global: VH9YW.TPFD
Entry Name: The Jewellers Arms Public House
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1343076
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217299
Location: Birmingham, B18
Electoral Ward/Division: Ladywood
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Birmingham St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
No 27A and
The Jewellers Arms
SP 0687 NW 24/6
Circa 1840 corner site with Spencer Street, Three storey red brick public house with
half hipped slate roof and soffit eaves. Three bay front with No 27A has a 2 bay
slightly lower rear contemporary extension with carriage arch on (ground floor.
Probably original pilastered public house front returned for 2 bays to Spencer Street.
High vertically panelled risers to windows with early C20 leaded lights. Frieze and
cornice curved round corner. The left hand bay of front has a narrow pilastered canted
bay parlour window with good frosted panes. Pilastered doorway to centre with console
brackets to cornice. Glazing bar sashes to outer bays on upper floors, centre ones
blind, flat gauged arches. Narrower 3 x 4 pane sashes to 27A with thinner glazing bars.
Basket handle gauged arch to carriageway,round arched passage entrance adjoining.
Slightly lower way to Spencer Street of 2 storeys with 3 tall first floor windows
lighting former reception room.
Listing NGR: SP0611687961
Other nearby listed buildings