This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4685 / 52°28'6"N
Longitude: -1.9122 / 1°54'43"W
OS Eastings: 406064
OS Northings: 285618
OS Grid: SP060856
Mapcode National: GBR 5XF.P0
Mapcode Global: VH9Z2.S7Z0
Entry Name: Bushwood
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1343111
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217555
Location: Birmingham, B15
Metropolitan District Ward: Edgbaston
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Edgbaston St Bartholomew
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
ST JAMES'S ROAD
5104 Edgbaston B15
SP 0685 NW 41/16
A large 2 storey stucco villa set back from road with carriage sweep. Originally
a circa 1830 three bay symmetrical front but with a bowed end wing added to
left hand, perhaps almost contemporary circa 1835. The original 3 bay front
has plinth and first floor sill band; modillion bracket eaves to hipped slate
roof. Revealed glazing bar sashes. Large enclosed porch with triglyph frieze
and modillion cornice; arched entrance and side lights; panelled door under
moulded cornice and lunette fanlight. Hipped slate roofs over extensions.
The bowed end wing is parapeted with first floor stringcourse, tripartite
sash window to ground floor of bow. Two storey canted bay window to right
hand of circa 1840 with windows, stringcourse and eaves cornice same as original
house, but hipped roof higher. The long low wing to right is 3 windows wide.
A long service wing with dentil eaves and glazing bar casements extends to
rear, screened by yard wall with gate piers.
Listing NGR: SP0606485618
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings