This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4391 / 52°26'20"N
Longitude: -1.8763 / 1°52'34"W
OS Eastings: 408507
OS Northings: 282358
OS Grid: SP085823
Mapcode National: GBR 65R.MJ
Mapcode Global: VH9Z3.FYGJ
Entry Name: 130, Oxford Road B13
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1343118
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217483
Location: Birmingham, B13
Electoral Ward/Division: Moseley and Kings Heath
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Moseley St Agnes
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
5104 Moseley B13
SP 08 SE 12/34
Circa 1907 a modest detached surveyor built house but of self conscious Arts
and Crafts design. Two storeys red brick but with the step front pitch of
the tiled roof swept down to left over timber-framed projection and recessed
porch, from corner window. Flat eaves. Stuccoed gabled break to right with
2 tall diagonally set red brick chimney stacks abutting ridge at junction
with main roof. Weather drip in gable and above first floor 4-light low leaded
casement window with heart-pierced fixed shutters. Ground floor has prominent
canted bay windows with leaded lights and rosette studded lead valance-eaves.
Small side light to left. The corner window, to left of timber-framed 2 light
bay, has 2 mullion-transom leaded lights to front and side elevations with
corner post on brick base. Gabled 3-light dormer in roof above.
Original front garden layout with crazy paved paths and steps and clipped
yews. Timber post and lintel gateway.
Listing NGR: SP0850782358
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings