History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

12, Sir Harry's Road B15

A Grade II Listed Building in Edgbaston, Birmingham

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.4596 / 52°27'34"N

Longitude: -1.9109 / 1°54'39"W

OS Eastings: 406150

OS Northings: 284633

OS Grid: SP061846

Mapcode National: GBR 5XJ.Z5

Mapcode Global: VH9Z2.TFNT

Entry Name: 12, Sir Harry's Road B15

Listing Date: 8 July 1982

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1343127

English Heritage Legacy ID: 217620

Location: Birmingham, B15

County: Birmingham

Electoral Ward/Division: Edgbaston

Built-Up Area: Birmingham

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands

Church of England Parish: Edgbaston St Bartholomew

Church of England Diocese: Birmingham

Find accommodation in
Birmingham

Listing Text

SIR HARRY'S ROAD
1.
5104 Edgbaston B15
No 12
SP 0684 NW 50/11
II GV
2.
C1850-55 detached 2 storey 3 bay stucco villa, a tall, narrow elevation raised
on a basement plinth with a lower 2 storey entrance wing very slightly recessed
to south east side. Italianate details with alterations to the wing and rear
elevation in 1902 (dated rainwater head) of an Arts and Crafts character. The
main elevation, above the plinth, has channelled pier arcading containing the
ground floor windows with archivolt arches; first floor windows with archivolt
arches; first floor sill course, carried over wing; frieze decorated with festoons
between superimposed console brackets supporting the flat eaves of the hipped
slate roof. Tall flanking chimney stacks vertically incised to give grouped effect
and cornice capped. Central dormer with round keystone arched window under open
segmental pediment (1902). The first floor windows have eared architrave surrounds.
The wing has a 2 storey narrow, leaded light, canted bay window of 1902 and small
square eared architrave windows no doubt inserted at the same date. The original
porch replaced by a cornice hood suspended from an Arts and Crafts scrolled iron
tie rod. The plinths flanking steps are surmounted by ornate scrolled iron lamp
standards. The frieze is returned around main block to garden front pediment gable
break - bay windows, altered 1902.

Listing NGR: SP0615084633

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.