This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.528 / 52°31'40"N
Longitude: -1.8365 / 1°50'11"W
OS Eastings: 411191
OS Northings: 292252
OS Grid: SP111922
Mapcode National: GBR 3GQ.2N
Mapcode Global: VH9YR.3QZC
Entry Name: Erdington Abbey
Listing Date: 21 January 1970
Last Amended: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1343155
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217663
Location: Birmingham, B23
Electoral Ward/Division: Erdington
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Erdington St Barnabas
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
5104 Erdington B23
[formerly listed as
(S. S. Thomas and
Edmund of Canterbury)
under Slitton Road]
SP 19 SW 4/16 21.1.70
Begun in 1880, the north-east range linking with the church by A E Dempster.
Sober stone elevation of 2 storeys and attic in steep gable end slate roof.
Gables and lucarne dormers. Simple grouped lancet light windows. Extended
1896-98 in a similar plain style but with a lofty, square, buttressed tower
to the desings of Harry Haigh, nephew of the founder. Further plain enlargement
in 1904 including the south-west wing.
Listing NGR: SP1119192252
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings