This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.5001 / 53°30'0"N
Longitude: -2.7874 / 2°47'14"W
OS Eastings: 347866
OS Northings: 400668
OS Grid: SD478006
Mapcode National: GBR 8WZZ.B1
Mapcode Global: WH86Y.49Y2
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 24 March 1966
Last Amended: 23 August 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1343265
English Heritage Legacy ID: 216338
Location: Rainford, St. Helens, WA11
County: St. Helens
Civil Parish: Rainford
Built-Up Area: Rainford
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Merseyside
Church of England Parish: Rainford All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Liverpool
SJ 40 SE
CHURCH ROAD (west side),
Church of All Saints
(Formerly listed under General)
Church. 1877-8, tower completed 1903; Jubilee chapel, 1928.
Austin and Paley. Rock-faced stone with ashlar dressings and
bands, and slate roof. Nave with aisles under lean-to roofs,
chancel with south chapel, north east tower. Tower has low
diagonal buttresses; octagonal bell stage with square
pinnacles in angles; louvred bell openings; embattled
parapet and pyramidal roof. Round stair turret has
projecting octagonal top stage with cornice and pyramidal
roof. Aisles have single lights, that to north has gabled
entrances at each end. Clerestory has alternate paired and
triple lancets. West end has 4 stepped lancets and leaf-
shaped window in gable; flanking weathered buttresses.
Chancel has east window of 3 lights with plate tracery and
south window of 2 lights; foundation stone dated 1877.
South chapel has shallow canted apse with parapet and gable
behind, south window of 2 lights. Gabled vestry to north of
chancel has 2-light plate tracery window with sashes.
Interior has 5-bay arcades with octagonal piers; King post
roof. Timber screens to chancel and chapel, 1928. Timber
pulpit on stone corbel. North organ loft, south 2-bay
arcade on quatrefoil pier to chapel has parclose screen.
Font has gadrooned bowl on fluted Tuscan column; inscription
on bowl reads: HENRY MOORE CHAPEL WARDEN 1723 & 4". Wall
memorial to Dulcibella Brownbill (died 1813) with figure; S.
and T. Franceys. Much stained glass, that in west leaf
window taken from former chapel, probably mid C19.
Listing NGR: SD4786600668
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings