This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4772 / 52°28'37"N
Longitude: -1.9122 / 1°54'43"W
OS Eastings: 406058
OS Northings: 286584
OS Grid: SP060865
Mapcode National: GBR 5X9.NW
Mapcode Global: VH9YW.SZYW
Entry Name: Second Church of Christ Scientist
Listing Date: 31 October 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1343341
English Heritage Legacy ID: 216823
Location: Birmingham, B1
Electoral Ward/Division: Ladywood
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Ladywood
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
City Centre B1
(Second Church of
SP 0686 NW 32/5 31.10.80
1848-49, by J R Botham of Birmingham. Originally a Presbyterian church.
Blue brick with stone dressings. Two storey box of 3 bays x 9 bays with
tower in 3 stages, the first square with banded rustication, the second square
with bell-openings in the principal directions and Tuscan columns in the
diagonals, the third octagonal with bold bracketted cornice and little domed
cap. The centre bay of the west front is advanced and contains a door with
bold volutes, cornice and lunette. In each of the outer bays, a subsidiary
entrance and an arched window. On the return, blank windows at ground floor
level and arched windows at first floor level. All first floor windows with
panels below forming a broad band. Interior wholly altered.
Listing NGR: SP0605886584
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings