This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4692 / 52°28'8"N
Longitude: -1.9211 / 1°55'15"W
OS Eastings: 405456
OS Northings: 285693
OS Grid: SP054856
Mapcode National: GBR 5VD.QR
Mapcode Global: VH9Z2.N67H
Entry Name: 41 and 42, Calthorpe Road B15
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1343364
English Heritage Legacy ID: 216846
Location: Birmingham, B15
Metropolitan District Ward: Edgbaston
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Edgbaston St George with St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
Nos 41 and 42
SF 0585 NW 39/32
Circa 1830 pair of semi-detached stucco faced Calthorpe Estate villas, similar
to Nos 39 and 40, with attendant coach houses. Four bay main block with
set back one bay entrance wings. Hipped slate roof with flat eaves; corniced
brick chimneys. Elevation articulated by giant order of Soanian panelled
pilasters. Stringcourses to sides returned to front up to inset outer pilasters.
Revealed glazing bar sashes. One ground floor window to each house replaced
by circa 1860 canted bay window with dentil eaves, hipped roof. No 41 has
plain recessed doorway in angle of wing with rectangular fanlight. No 42
similar but with tent-roof trellis porch with fan pattern spandrels. Screen
walls each side front coach houses with segmental arched doors and side entrances.
Listing NGR: SP0545685693
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings