This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4829 / 52°28'58"N
Longitude: -1.8939 / 1°53'38"W
OS Eastings: 407300
OS Northings: 287225
OS Grid: SP073872
Mapcode National: GBR 617.QT
Mapcode Global: VH9YX.4V3G
Entry Name: County Court
Listing Date: 21 January 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1343399
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217011
Location: Birmingham, B4
Electoral Ward/Division: Ladywood
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Cathedral Church of St Philip Birmingham
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
City Centre B2
SP 0787 SW 30/2 21.1.70
1882, by James Williamson Stone. In an Italiante palazzo style. Two storeys plus
basement; 6 bays. Ground floor with banded rustication, the entrance in an
elaborate surround and within a Roman Doric porch and 5 windows with their
elongated brackets carrying a broad band with guilloche decoration and containing
the blind balconies to the 6 pedimented first floor windows. All windows sashes.
Decorated eaves frieze and bracketted cornice. The right-hand return on Newton
Street brick of 2 bays plus another 5 bays slightly lower but to the same design
except that the first floor windows have corniced rather than pedimented frames.
Listing NGR: SP0730087225
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings