This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4508 / 52°27'2"N
Longitude: -1.9216 / 1°55'17"W
OS Eastings: 405422
OS Northings: 283654
OS Grid: SP054836
Mapcode National: GBR 5VM.LB
Mapcode Global: VH9Z2.MNZK
Entry Name: King Edward's School Chapel
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1343402
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217030
Location: Birmingham, B15
Metropolitan District Ward: Edgbaston
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Edgbaston St Bartholomew
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
EDGBASTON PARK ROAD
King Edward's School Chapel
SP 08 SE 12/22
A rebuilding and renovation of 1938-40 by Holland W Hobbiss of the Upper Corridor
linking the Grammar School and Library ranges of Barry's School in New Street
of 1833-38. Brick with stone dressings; buttressed and with unusually broad
battlements. Interior of 4 bays; 1 bay wide. Perpendicular in style and
very convincingly so The walls with panelled tracery, more complex in the
east bays than in the west. Four-light perpendicular windows, those on the
north mostly with original stained glass. Lierne vault.
Listing NGR: SP0542283654
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings