This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4907 / 52°29'26"N
Longitude: -1.9049 / 1°54'17"W
OS Eastings: 406554
OS Northings: 288091
OS Grid: SP065880
Mapcode National: GBR 5Z5.91
Mapcode Global: VH9YW.XNTH
Entry Name: Gates and Gate Piers to West, South and East of St Georges Gardens
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1343447
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217149
Location: Birmingham, B19
Electoral Ward/Division: Aston
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Birmingham St George
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
GREAT HAMPTON ROW
Gates and gate piers to west,
south and east of
St Georges Gardens
SP 0688 SE 23/2
Formerly the churchyard of the demolished church of St George, 1821 designed
by Thomas Rickman. Cast iron gate piers and gates, in Perpendicular and the
decorated Gothic, to the churchyard of Rickman's emolished St George's.
Octagonal stone piers are encased in openwork taller 3 tier iron turrets with
delicate tracery to heads of panels and quatrefoils and minature arches to
crenellated crowns. The gates have moulded dog ears set below pairs of 2
light arches with decorated tracery, cusped and ball flower finial cresting.
Listing NGR: SP0655488091
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings