History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Haymakers

A Grade II Listed Building in Burmarsh, Kent

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.0473 / 51°2'50"N

Longitude: 0.9807 / 0°58'50"E

OS Eastings: 609026

OS Northings: 131774

OS Grid: TR090317

Mapcode National: GBR SZJ.8RG

Mapcode Global: FRA D6YB.V7P

Entry Name: Haymakers

Listing Date: 23 April 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1344154

English Heritage Legacy ID: 175507

Location: Burmarsh, Shepway, Kent, TN29

County: Kent

District: Shepway

Civil Parish: Burmarsh

Traditional County: Kent

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent

Find accommodation in
Burmarsh

Listing Text

TR 091 318 BURMARSH

3/49 Haymakers

II

Farmhouse, now house. Late C15 with C16, C18 and early C19 additions. Timber-
framed rear range, with right gable pebbledashed, first floor tile hung
to rear, and left gable end brick clad. Front range brick in Flemish bond
of 2 periods. Plain tile roofs. Two parallel ranges. Rear range 2 open-hall
bays of a Wealden with a storeyed left end bay. Right two-thirds of front
range C18, left third infilled in 1821. Front range 2 storeys on low stone
plinth, with hipped roof. Rear stack to left and stack to right gable end.
Rear range 2 storeys with hipped roof and laternal stack to rear of right
hand end. Front range has irregular fenestration of 3 windows: two 12-pane
glazing bar sashes and a central C20 fixed light. Ground floor windows
have segmental heads. Central half-glazed door under flat bracketted hood.
Interior: central hall truss with thin arch-braces and octagonal crown-post
with broach stops. Original recess built out leaving outer bracket to tiebeam
visible. Ground floor of storeyed left end bay has moulded C16 beams and
joists chamfer-stopped with roll and carved leaf decoration. A few C18 fittings
to right ground floor room of front range. Left part of front range said
to be dated 1821 in roof.


Listing NGR: TR0902631774

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.