This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3498 / 51°20'59"N
Longitude: 0.7325 / 0°43'57"E
OS Eastings: 590379
OS Northings: 164734
OS Grid: TQ903647
Mapcode National: GBR RT6.61S
Mapcode Global: VHKJL.NB3L
Entry Name: The Court House
Listing Date: 10 September 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1344240
English Heritage Legacy ID: 175767
Location: Swale, Kent, ME10
Electoral Ward/Division: Milton Regis
Built-Up Area: Sittingbourne
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
5282 HIGH STREET
(The Court House)
TQ 9064 NW 1/84 10.9.51.
A timber-framed building Circa 1450, This was the Mediaeval Court Hall of Milton
with 2 prison cells beneath. It was also used as a school when there were no courts. It has been restored and is now in use as a museum. 2 storeys timber-framed with plaster infill. The 1st floor is close-studded and has diagonal braces. Steeply pitched tiled roof. 3 casements with diamond panes on the street elevation and 1 original double lancet window on the right side elevation removed from a demolished house in Mill Street. The rear elevation has an overhang. . Curved braces. 4 restored casements on 1st floor and 2 restored wooden mullioned windows on the ground floor.
Nos 52 to 76 (even), 80 to 104 (even), 104A and 110 form a group.
Listing NGR: TQ9037964734
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings