This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2309 / 51°13'51"N
Longitude: 0.5853 / 0°35'7"E
OS Eastings: 580594
OS Northings: 151145
OS Grid: TQ805511
Mapcode National: GBR PRP.QT4
Mapcode Global: VHJMN.3B87
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 18 December 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1344295
English Heritage Legacy ID: 174122
Location: Langley, Maidstone, Kent, ME17
Civil Parish: Langley
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
LANGLEY SUTTON ROAD
TQ 85 SW
2/104 The Old
Rectory, now house, Mid-to-late C18, with C19 additions. Red
brick in Flemish bond with plain tile roof. Double depth, at
right-angles to road. 2 storeys and basement on chequered red
and grey brick plinth. Four-course plat band in Flemish bond.
Ionic wooden modillioned eaves cornice. Hipped roof. Projecting
brick stack to left gable end and rear stack to right. Regular
3-window rent of 2 tripartite sashes and altered central window.
2 Venetian windows to ground floor, in open boxes, with splayed
rubbed brick voussoirs. Central recessed half-glazed door up 8
stone steps, with architrave of Doric columns, triglyph frieze
and pediment. C19 two-storey addition to right of about 7 feet,
under same roof. Stained glass panel in rear first-floor window
with arms of Archbishop Matthew Parker. Said to have been
rebuilt in 1767 by the Reverend David Waterhouse. Interior not
Listing NGR: TQ8059451145
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings