This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0966 / 51°5'47"N
Longitude: -3.1888 / 3°11'19"W
OS Eastings: 316848
OS Northings: 133704
OS Grid: ST168337
Mapcode National: GBR LX.C9YM
Mapcode Global: FRA 4667.3J2
Entry Name: Church of St Pancras
Listing Date: 25 February 1955
Last Amended: 4 May 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1344480
English Heritage Legacy ID: 270488
Location: West Bagborough, Taunton Deane, Somerset, TA4
District: Taunton Deane
Civil Parish: West Bagborough
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST13SE WEST BASBOROUGH CP
3/277 Church of St. Pancras
(formerly listed as Church of
Holy Trinity or St Pancras)
Parish church. C15, North aisle added 1839, church restored 1872, notable additions to the fittings in the 1920s.
Coursed squared red sandstone, tiled roofs with decorative ridge tiles. Three bay nave, three bays North aisle, vestry,
chancel, West tower, South porch. 3 stage embattled tower, diagonal buttresses, stair turret North-west corner, moulded
plinth, 2-light bell openings. All 2- and 3- light windows, Perpendicular mostly restored, pointed arch West door
3-light window above, gabled porch sundial dated 1643, rood loft stair turret South-east corner, buttressed North
aisle. Interior: plastered. Three bay standard Perpendicular arcade with pointed arches, C19 open wagon roof North
aisle, plaster restored and bosses gilded 1935 on nave and chancel wagon roofs, wave moulded chancel arch. C16 bench
ends, Screen and galley at West end designed by Ninian Comper, also front cover, figures on rood beam and 8 of the
stained glass windows. Communion rails 1677, bought from Brompton Ralf in 1910, as was the organ. Funeral hatchments on
North wall of nave, and painted Royal Coat of Arms in North aisle. (Briscoe, The Church of St Pancras, 1938;
photographs in NMR).
Listing NGR: ST1684833704
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings