History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Vicarage with Former Coach House Adjoining on East Front

A Grade II Listed Building in Pitminster, Somerset

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.


Latitude: 50.9665 / 50°57'59"N

Longitude: -3.1112 / 3°6'40"W

OS Eastings: 322068

OS Northings: 119153

OS Grid: ST220191

Mapcode National: GBR M0.MKLR

Mapcode Global: FRA 46CK.9RT

Entry Name: The Vicarage with Former Coach House Adjoining on East Front

Listing Date: 7 August 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1344591

English Heritage Legacy ID: 271078

Location: Pitminster, Taunton Deane, Somerset, TA3

County: Somerset

District: Taunton Deane

Civil Parish: Pitminster

Traditional County: Somerset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset

Find accommodation in

Listing Text

12/137 The Vicarage with former coach
house adjoining on east front
Vicarage and coach house. Circa 1810, possibly by Richard Carver. Render over chert
random rubble south front. exposed on east front, patterned clay tile roof, overhanging
eaves, decorative barge boards, 2 clusters of 5 chimneys on central roof ridge. Plan:
irregular, main roof range runing north-south, 3 gabled east front. 2 projecting bays
on north front, south front facing onto churchyard of St Andrew and St Mary's Church(qv).
Tudor picturesque style. South front: 2 and a half storey gabled centre, 2 storeys in
outer bays, 2:1:1 bays; left hand bay set back slightly, all C19 many paned casements
under hoodmoulds with ashlar jambs, single light gable end, 3 and 2-light first floor,
3-light centre, square headed entrance to left, ribbed plank door, lean-to green house
abutting left. Right return (east front) 3 bays, linked by L-plan single storey loggia
with patterned clay tile roof to 2-storey coeval coach house and stable block adjoining
to east. Forms a good group with the Church of St Andrew and St Mary (qv).

Listing NGR: ST2206419149

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.