History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of the Holy Trinity

A Grade II* Listed Building in Ash Priors, Somerset

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.0584 / 51°3'30"N

Longitude: -3.2117 / 3°12'42"W

OS Eastings: 315178

OS Northings: 129482

OS Grid: ST151294

Mapcode National: GBR LW.FQ4J

Mapcode Global: FRA 465B.0MC

Entry Name: Church of the Holy Trinity

Listing Date: 25 February 1955

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1344823

English Heritage Legacy ID: 270216

Location: Ash Priors, Taunton Deane, Somerset, TA4

County: Somerset

District: Taunton Deane

Civil Parish: Ash Priors

Traditional County: Somerset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset

Find accommodation in
Combe Florey

Listing Text

ST12NE ASH PRIORS CP

7/4
Church of the Holy Trinity
25.2.55

GV II*

Church. C15, South aisle 1833, restored 1874. Red sandstone random rubble masonry, slate roofs, C19 tiled chancel. Two
bay aisled nave, North and South aisle chapels, latter containing organ and extended by one bay to contain heated
vestry, West tower, North porch. Three stage crenellated tower with pyramid slate roof and weather vane, diagonal
buttresses, square headed Tudor arch doorway with floral decoration in the spandrels early C19, 4-light cinquefoil
perpendicular window, 2-light bell openings with Somerset tracery, higher crenellated square stair tower South-east
corner. Porch, gabled late C19. Three light trefoil headed perpendicular windows. Interior: rendered. Standard
perpendicular arcades, wagon roofs, ogee headed hagioscope. Floor tiles in chancel; polychrome marble 3-bay crocketed
reredos with finials; handsome painted and gilded wooden altar rails; polychrome marble pulpit with cast iron and brass
handrail; octagonal font; all part of 1874 restruction.


Listing NGR: ST1517829482

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.