This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1108 / 51°6'38"N
Longitude: -3.0869 / 3°5'12"W
OS Eastings: 324007
OS Northings: 135168
OS Grid: ST240351
Mapcode National: GBR M1.BCRN
Mapcode Global: VH7DN.FBXV
Entry Name: Castle Farmhouse
Listing Date: 29 March 1963
Last Amended: 9 January 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1344965
English Heritage Legacy ID: 269285
Location: Enmore, Sedgemoor, Somerset, TA5
Civil Parish: Enmore
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST23NW ENMORE CP CHURCH LANE (South side)
2/15 Castle Farmhouse
(previously listed as Enmore
Castle Farm House)
(also known as The Old Rectory)
Farmhouse. Ante 1779. For John Perceval, Earl of Egmont. Random rubble, some roughcast, triple Roman and pantile roof;
shaped Baroque gables with stone copings, brick kneelers raising as low piers with stone ball finials, brick stack at
apex of each, further brick stacks. L-plan, wing at right-angles to right of frontage with a front-facing gable.
Section to left of 2 storeys, 4 bays, 2-light iron casements to first floor in emphasised surrounds, leaded lights,
iron quadrants; semi-circular head windows in similar surrounds to ground floor with keys and imposts, each with a
single-light leaded casement, 2 further small lights above. Two storey projecting wing; inner face with a single
triple-light casement with glazing bars on each floor, to first floor of iron. Gabled frontage to road with 2 blank
"pitching eyes' on first floor, flanking a semi- circular head window with emphasised free-stone keystone, brick
voussoirs, sash glazing bars with traceried head. Similar window to left of ground floor, right window with later
4-panelled door inserted. Left return in similar-style, majority of openings blank. Left 4 bays with central door
opening, half-glazed door. (Pevsner N., Buildings of England, South and West Somerset, 1958).
Listing NGR: ST2400735168
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings