This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.225 / 51°13'30"N
Longitude: -2.3206 / 2°19'14"W
OS Eastings: 377710
OS Northings: 147366
OS Grid: ST777473
Mapcode National: GBR 0SH.240
Mapcode Global: VH97D.QGKQ
Entry Name: Keyford Elms
Listing Date: 16 February 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1345535
English Heritage Legacy ID: 266238
Location: Frome, Mendip, Somerset, BA11
Civil Parish: Frome
Built-Up Area: Frome
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST 7747 SE 12/367
Circa 1780 or earlier (a house on this site appears on 1774 Jos. Singer map).
Considerable remodelling in 1840s and 1880s. 2 storeys with later attic. Coursed
rubble with chamfered quoins. Plain tile roof with 3 full and 2 half C20 dormers
(hipped). Coped verges. Raised surrounds with inner edge-roll and outer ogee
moulding. 2 ranges of glazing bar sash windows to left, 1 to right at lower level
and a smaller window over porch off-centre right. Box-porch of 1884 with attic
parapet and shell niche for statue of Christ, 3 centred arch entrance with panelled
spandrels (monogram RBS to left, date to right). 2 storey 1884 matching wing to
right. Interior: axial beam with stops of early C18 type to chamfer in hall room of
ground floor, which has slightly arched fireplace. Cross-beams (possibly modern)
in ground floor left hand room. Former Vicarage for Christ Church. John Wesley is
said to have stayed here.
Listing NGR: ST7771047366
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings