This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1824 / 51°10'56"N
Longitude: -3.4462 / 3°26'46"W
OS Eastings: 299014
OS Northings: 143570
OS Grid: SS990435
Mapcode National: GBR LK.5YJS
Mapcode Global: VH6GM.6JZX
Entry Name: Chapel House Fronting St George's Street george Deakin's Studio
Listing Date: 4 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1345606
English Heritage Legacy ID: 264734
Location: Dunster, West Somerset, Somerset, TA24
District: West Somerset
Civil Parish: Dunster
Built-Up Area: Dunster
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
5366 DUNSTER WEST STREET
No 2 (George Deakin's Studio) and
Chapel House fronting St George's
SS 9843-9943 4/101
Former Methodist Church, 1878 by Samuel Shewbrooks of Taunton (Pevsner p 158).
Dressed and coursed red sandstone, dressings to windows and doors rendered. Steep
gabled slate roof, ridge tiles, brick stacks. Two storeys plus attic. Ornate
Dutch gable with moulded coping, cornice and scrolls, spiked ball finial. Doric
pilasters, cornice. Large central window, semi-circular, rusticated voussoirs,
glazing bars. Triple louvred opening to gable. Ground floor windows with moulded
architraves, cill on brackets. Double panelled door, moulded architraves, modern
basrelief panels above. Chapel House adjoins to right. Two storey gabled roof
behind parapets with moulded cornice. Rusticated quoins. Semi-circular window with
glazing bars, cill on brackets. Ground floor window with moulded architraves glazing
bars. Front to St George's Street with brick dressings to windows, segmental arches.
Plain boarded door.
Listing NGR: SS9901443570
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings