History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Peregrine House, St Audrie's School

A Grade II Listed Building in West Quantoxhead, Somerset

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.1693 / 51°10'9"N

Longitude: -3.272 / 3°16'19"W

OS Eastings: 311166

OS Northings: 141883

OS Grid: ST111418

Mapcode National: GBR LT.6LWL

Mapcode Global: VH6GQ.7WL0

Entry Name: Peregrine House, St Audrie's School

Listing Date: 16 November 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1345708

English Heritage Legacy ID: 265267

Location: West Quantoxhead, West Somerset, Somerset, TA4

County: Somerset

District: West Somerset

Civil Parish: West Quantoxhead

Built-Up Area: West Quantoxhead

Traditional County: Somerset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset

Find accommodation in
West Quantoxhead

Listing Text

ST14SW WEST QUANTOXHEAD CP

5/221 Peregrine House, St. Audries
School

-

GV II

School. 1856-7. Architect John Norton for Sir Alexander Acland- Hood. Random rubble Sampford Brett red sandstone,
Bath stone dressings, quoins, scalloped tiles, decorative ridge tiles, overhanging eaves, sprockets, coped verges,
ashlar double stack centre left on South front with large external stepped stack with moulded cap centre right
T-plan, entrance West front, lower gabled South front. Gothic style. Entrance front - 2 gabled dormers with paired
trefoil headed openings, mullions removed and inserted C20 casements, long narrow stair light to left of central
entrance, 2-light aullicnet and transoaed window to right. 4 centred arch headed doorway, C19 plank door, decorative
hinges and latch, gabled bell-cast porch with scalloped tiles, decorative ridge tiles (some missing), and cusped
bargeboard, carried on wooden trefoil headed arcade, and dwarf wall of random rubble, chamfered quoins and plinth.
Right return, gabled 3 bay South front has Acland-Hood coat of ares set in chimney breast and gabled bell-cote pierce
with 2 trefoiled headed arches, quatrefoil opening above, set on East gable end. This was built as the village school
and is now part of St. Audries School (qv).


Listing NGR: ST1116641883

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.