This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9092 / 50°54'33"N
Longitude: -2.8705 / 2°52'13"W
OS Eastings: 338889
OS Northings: 112557
OS Grid: ST388125
Mapcode National: GBR MC.R0KP
Mapcode Global: FRA 46WP.TRJ
Entry Name: Ludney Farmhouse
Listing Date: 18 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1345874
English Heritage Legacy ID: 264125
Location: Kingstone, South Somerset, Somerset, TA17
District: South Somerset
Civil Parish: Kingstone
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
Church of England Parish: Kingstone
Church of England Diocese: Bath and Wells
ST31SE KINGSTONE CP LUDNEY
4/41 Ludney Farmhouse
Detached farmhouse. Late C18 rebuild of earlier farmhouse, some modification. Ham stone cut and squared; Welsh slate
roof with coped gables, of shallow pitch; brick chimney stacks. 'L'-plan; 2 storeys, 3 bays. Casement windows; above,
3-light C18 pattern with rectangular-leaded lights to bays 1 and 2 having iron-framed opening lights, blind window bay
3; below are 4-light horizontal-bar casements: between bays 1 and 2 a boarded door in plain opening, with open ashlar
porch having a ball finial to coped gable, a 4-centre outer arch and pointed-arch sidelight: against the east gable, a
single storey extension to match, with ball finial to coped gable and 2-light leaded casement: west gable plain. Return
wing to match on south-east corner, with 2 bays of the house, then a longer lower 2-storey agricultural building with
clay pantiled roof, and single-storey extension on south gable of this: also a lean-to building with Welsh slate roof
across the junction of the house wing and the rear building, having casement windows and boarded door in north end.
Interior not seen. Farmlands first mentioned here by 1316. In 1728 the farmhouse became part of the Poulatt Estate of
Hinton St. George. (VCH, Vol III, 1974).
Listing NGR: ST3888912557
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings