History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Colley Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Buckland St. Mary, Somerset

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.9217 / 50°55'18"N

Longitude: -3.0595 / 3°3'34"W

OS Eastings: 325623

OS Northings: 114120

OS Grid: ST256141

Mapcode National: GBR M3.Q6Q5

Mapcode Global: FRA 46GN.ZV6

Entry Name: Colley Farmhouse

Listing Date: 30 November 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1345884

English Heritage Legacy ID: 264083

Location: Buckland St. Mary, South Somerset, Somerset, TA20

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset

Civil Parish: Buckland St Mary

Traditional County: Somerset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset

Church of England Parish: Buckland St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Bath and Wells

Find accommodation in
Otterford

Listing Text

ST21SE BUCKLAND ST MARY CP -

Colley Farmhouse

5/29

-

- II

Farmhouse. C17, reroofed C19, west gable end rebuilt C20. Random rubble local stone, asbestos slate roof hipped to
left, brick stacks to right of central entrance and between first and second bays right, Plan 3-cell and cross passage
facing north with coeval or almost contemporary single bay addition west gable end. Two storeys, 2:1:1 bays, all late
C19-early C20 wooden 3-light casements, except C20 2-light first floor end bay right, wooden lintels to ground floor
openings, left 3-light casements flanking 4-panel door, C20 door to through passage, 3-light casement and another
entrance end bay right. Interior: kitchen to right of through passage with spice cupboard, steeply chamfered beads with
step and runout stops, depressed Tudor arch head doorframe from through passage into hall, 6-panel compartment ceiling,
cob wall to inner roof with scroll stops to chamfered beam which appears to have been used as a store for some time.
Apparently the property is referred to in 1664 as Blindmore Manor, and was part of the nearby Forde Abbey estate in
1839 (VAG Report,unpublished SR0, 1978).


Listing NGR: ST2562314120

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.