This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8737 / 50°52'25"N
Longitude: -2.7786 / 2°46'42"W
OS Eastings: 345315
OS Northings: 108535
OS Grid: ST453085
Mapcode National: GBR MG.TCVQ
Mapcode Global: FRA 562S.MB1
Entry Name: Crewkerne Railway Station
Listing Date: 1 March 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1345931
English Heritage Legacy ID: 262425
Location: Misterton, South Somerset, Somerset, TA18
District: South Somerset
Civil Parish: Misterton
Built-Up Area: Crewkerne
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
Church of England Parish: Misterton
Church of England Diocese: Bath and Wells
ST40NE MISTERTON CP STATION ROAD (East side)
6/175 Crewkerne Railway Station
Railway station. 1859, for opening of the London and South-Western Railway in 1860. Probably designed by Sir William
Tite. Ham stone ashlar; steeply-pitched Welsh slate roofs with ornamental clay tile ridges between very high coped
gables; stone chimney stacks. Mostly single storey, but the station-masters house 3 storeys with attic, north roadside
elevation 7 bays, of which bay 2 is the house, with leanto to east; bays 3, 4 and 5 the ticket office and entrance
throughway; bay 6 is an office crosswing and bay 7 double-roof plan offices. High Victorian gothic style. Plinth;
chamfered mullioned windows with plain sashes, the leanto has a 2-light above and two single-lights below. House has
4-centre arched doorway to left, with incised spandrils under label with deep drop, 3-light window to right; above a
single-and a 3-light to first floor, 3-light to second in pointed segemental-arched opening, with slim gable vent to
attic: bays 3, 4 and 7 have 2-light windows and bay 6 a 3-light, with shield plaque in gable over; moulded segmental
arched doorway to bay 5. The south platform side to match, with the date 1859 in the crosswing gable: simple platform
canopy on cast iron columns, the west end bay apparently rebuilt. (VCH Somerset Vol IV, 1978, p62).
Listing NGR: ST4531508535
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings