This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0551 / 51°3'18"N
Longitude: -2.8633 / 2°51'47"W
OS Eastings: 339590
OS Northings: 128772
OS Grid: ST395287
Mapcode National: GBR MC.FVSR
Mapcode Global: FRA 46WB.BBY
Entry Name: Aller Court Farmhouse
Listing Date: 17 April 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1346052
English Heritage Legacy ID: 263065
Location: Aller, South Somerset, Somerset, TA10
District: South Somerset
Civil Parish: Aller
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
4/1 Aller Court Farmhouse
Detached farmhouse. Mostly C17 and C19, with later extensions. Local lias stone, part rendered; double Roman clay tiled
roof with stepped coped gables; brick chimney stacks. 'T' plan; 2 storeys with attic; northwards wing, the C17 portion,
2-bay west elevation. Three light hollow chamfer mullioned windows in recesses, rectangular leaded panes, iron framed
opening lights, internal vertical iron bars, no labels; between bays a C20 boarded door and frame up 8 steps, under
timber hood: C20 windows to east elevation. Main wing taller, with clay pantiled roof, plain gables, bracketted eaves;
this portion mostly of 1812: 3 storeys, 3-bay south elevation. Three-light plain chamfer mullioned windows without
labels, rather long, all with modern casements inserted: bay 2 blank at second floor, and to first floor semi-circular
arched window with through mullion, and pair C19 doors in rendered and tiled porch, up 9 steps: an unexplained
projection, possibly a curing chamber, on west gable; below it a single storey extension now converted to separate
house, not of special interest. Property described in 1633 as an ancient castle-like house, highly seated in a low
place, and the core would appear to survive, but there was much rebuilding by Sir J. P Acland of this, the manor house,
in 1812 (VCH, Vol III, 1974).
Listing NGR: ST3959028772
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings