History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Burton Agnes, East Riding of Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.0531 / 54°3'11"N

Longitude: -0.3187 / 0°19'7"W

OS Eastings: 510166

OS Northings: 463213

OS Grid: TA101632

Mapcode National: GBR VP6K.TT

Mapcode Global: WHHFC.2DJ5

Entry Name: The Old Rectory

Listing Date: 30 June 1966

Last Amended: 17 July 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1346449

English Heritage Legacy ID: 167766

Location: Burton Agnes, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO25

County: East Riding of Yorkshire

Civil Parish: Burton Agnes

Built-Up Area: Burton Agnes

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Burton Agnes St Martin

Church of England Diocese: York

Find accommodation in
Burton Agnes

Listing Text

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 10/06/2014

TA 1063-1163
11/10

BURTON AGNES
SHADY LANE
The Old Rectory (formerly listed as The Vicarage)

(Formerly listed under CHURCH LANE (west side))

30.6.66

GV
II
Vicarage, now offices. Probably early C19 with later additions and
alterations. Painted and stuccoed brick with Welsh slate roof. 2 storeys,
5 bays, the westernmost projecting slightly, with irregular ranges to rear.
Central hallway plan. Plinth. Central entrance, a 4-panel, part-glazed
door within plain architrave and with cavetto-moulded hood, within Tudor-
arched porch with eaves band and low parapet. 12-pane sashes with ashlar
sills under cavetto-moulded hoods, those to western bay taller. Modillion
wooden cornice. Hipped roofs. Rendered ridge stacks. To east side a 6-
fielded-panel door with overlight with glazing bars. 6-pane sash to attic with
Gothick-traceried glazing to head, otherwise sides have mainly 12-pane
sashes, under cavetto-moulded hoods. Interior has open well staircase with
wrought-iron lattice work balustrade with wreathed handrail. Alcove
cupboard with moulded architrave.


Listing NGR: TA1016463210

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.