History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Former Methodist Church

A Grade II Listed Building in Burton Agnes, East Riding of Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.0517 / 54°3'6"N

Longitude: -0.3139 / 0°18'49"W

OS Eastings: 510482

OS Northings: 463064

OS Grid: TA104630

Mapcode National: GBR VP7L.VB

Mapcode Global: WHHFC.4FS7

Entry Name: Former Methodist Church

Listing Date: 9 January 1956

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1346455

English Heritage Legacy ID: 167787

Location: Burton Agnes, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO25

County: East Riding of Yorkshire

Civil Parish: Burton Agnes

Built-Up Area: Burton Agnes

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Burton Agnes St Martin

Church of England Diocese: York

Find accommodation in
Burton Agnes

Listing Text

BURTON AGNES MAIN STREET
TA 1063-1163
(south side)
11/31 Former Methodist Chapel
9.1.56
II

Former Methodist Chapel. 'WESLEYAN CHAPEL / THE GROUND GRANTED / BY SIR
HENRY BOYNTON / 1857' to north gable on plaque. Colour-washed, pinkish-red
brick in stretcher bond with ashlar dressings and cast-tile roof. Single
tall storey, 3 bays. Central entrance, double traceried panel doors with
moulded ashlar jambs and under prominent hoodmould with label stops. To
outer bays are 2-light, pointed windows with reputedly 16-pane fixed lights
with intersecting tracery and trefoil to heads, now boarded in, under
prominent hoods with label stops. To north gable are 2 pointed windows with
reputedly 20-pane fixed lights with elaborate Perpendicular-type tracery and
quatrefoil to heads, now boarded in, under prominent hoodmoulds with label
stops. Stone sills. South gable has louvred ventilator.


Listing NGR: TA1048363062

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.