History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Coach House/Stables Approximately 10 Metres East of Broughton Grange Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Broughton, North Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.5807 / 53°34'50"N

Longitude: -0.5363 / 0°32'10"W

OS Eastings: 497005

OS Northings: 410340

OS Grid: SE970103

Mapcode National: GBR SWP1.P4

Mapcode Global: WHGGF.Q8T9

Entry Name: Coach House/Stables Approximately 10 Metres East of Broughton Grange Farmhouse

Listing Date: 6 January 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1346496

English Heritage Legacy ID: 165984

Location: Broughton, North Lincolnshire, DN20

County: North Lincolnshire

Civil Parish: Broughton

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Broughton St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Wrawby

Listing Text


SE 91 SE BROUGHTON B 1208
(east side, off)

4/25 Coach-house/stables
approximately 10 metres
east of Broughton Grange
Farmhouse

GV II

Coach-house/stables. 1848 on datestone. C20 alterations to rear. Squared
limestone with slate roof. Rectangular on plan: central coach-house flanked
by stables with contemporary outhouse extension to right. 2-storey central
bay flanked by single-storey single-bays; lower single-storey single-bay
extension set back to right. Chamfered plinth. Central pair of board doors
with wrought-iron strap hinges beneath segmental arch, flanked by single
board doors with overlights (4-pane to left, single-pane to right) beneath
segmental arches. Large painted carved ashlar datestone above carriage
entrance. Hipped roof to central section with C20 weathervane; swept roofs
with stone-coped gables to side bays. Extension to right has single board
door beneath segmental arch, hipped roof and 2 similar doors to right
return.


Listing NGR: SE9700510340

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.