This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7415 / 53°44'29"N
Longitude: -0.1997 / 0°11'59"W
OS Eastings: 518831
OS Northings: 428736
OS Grid: TA188287
Mapcode National: GBR WT15.KJ
Mapcode Global: WHHGY.X721
Entry Name: Church of St Augustine
Listing Date: 9 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1346568
English Heritage Legacy ID: 166375
Location: Hedon, East Riding of Yorkshire, HU12
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Hedon
Built-Up Area: Hedon
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Hedon St Augustine
Church of England Diocese: York
TA 1828 NE HEDON CHURCH LANE
1/1 Church of St Augustine
C13 parish church of national importance; little altered except for the crossing tower of 1428, and the restoration of 1868-76 by G E Street. Important furnishings and fittings include an outstanding late C14 font, stained glass by Wailes and Son, dated 1878, of which the best are the 2 east windows of the south aisle; a fine brass eagle lectern dated 1876, given by J W Rawson; and Royal Arms (1741) in the north transept. The following monuments of particular note: C13 black marble tomb cover in the north transept; C14 effigy of man with sword and purse in the chancel; and a Baroque cartouche to Ann Watson (1721) in the north transept.
Listing NGR: TA1883428740
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings