This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0859 / 54°5'9"N
Longitude: -0.1933 / 0°11'35"W
OS Eastings: 518281
OS Northings: 467068
OS Grid: TA182670
Mapcode National: GBR WP26.Y1
Mapcode Global: WHHF7.0K7H
Entry Name: Field House
Listing Date: 7 September 1951
Last Amended: 9 January 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1346580
English Heritage Legacy ID: 166241
Location: Bridlington, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO15
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Bridlington
Built-Up Area: Bridlington
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Bridlington Quay Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: York
5268 VICTORIA ROAD
No 18 (Field House)
[formerly listed as
No 20 (Field House)].
TA 1867 13/54 7.9.51.
2 adjacent houses. 2 storeys in brick. C18. Each with hipped roof of grey and
red pantiles. House on left has fluted Doric portico with plain entablature, filled
in in mid C19 to form porch. 2 windows inserted, mid C19 bays. House to the right
is the more interesting and faces the reverse way. Front elevation has 1 window
and large 2-storey projecting bow built to enclose a chalybeate spring (baths still
below floorboards). Entrance: Tuscan portico. Rear elevation has 1 window and
large 2-storey bow lit by 3 windows in each storey. Interior has moulded doorways
said to be by John Carr of York and imported contemporary fireplaces.
Listing NGR: TA1828167068
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings