History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stable/Coach House Range at the White Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Patrington, East Riding of Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.6954 / 53°41'43"N

Longitude: -0.043 / 0°2'34"W

OS Eastings: 529307

OS Northings: 423883

OS Grid: TA293238

Mapcode National: GBR XT4Q.H1

Mapcode Global: WHHH7.9CRW

Entry Name: Stable/Coach House Range at the White Hall

Listing Date: 27 February 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1346606

English Heritage Legacy ID: 166574

Location: Patrington, East Riding of Yorkshire, HU12

County: East Riding of Yorkshire

Civil Parish: Patrington

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Winestead St Germain

Church of England Diocese: York

Find accommodation in
Patrington

Listing Text

PATRINGTON A 1033
TA 22 SE
(south side, off)
Winestead
Stable/coach-house range
6/33 at The White Hall

GV II

Stable/coach-house. 1814-1815. For Arthur Maister. Yellow-grey brick with
slate roof. U-shaped on plan, with central coach-house flanked by stable
wings; stable yard faces south towards rear courtyard of The White Hall
(qv). Low 2-storey, 3-bay coach-house flanked by single-bay, single storey
wings and projecting 3-bay wing to left, 4-bay wing to right. Coach-house
has 3 double board doors with strap hinges below panelled timber lintel, 3
recessed rectangular panels above, hipped roof with weather-vane. Flanking
ranges: door to right beneath ventilation grill , open entrance to passage
on left with 2 doors. Left wing: pair of part-glazed 6-panel doors (2 panes
above 4 flush panels), and a 2-light casement with glazing bars. Short
section of stone-coped wall on left forms pier to west stableyard entrance.
Right wing: central inserted double doors beneath lintel (with arches to
former door and window above), flanked by single part-glazed doors. All
openings with rubbed-brick flat arches. Hipped roofs throughout. For
sources see item 7/32. Included for group value only.


Listing NGR: TA2930723883

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.