This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.5523 / 53°33'8"N
Longitude: -0.8173 / 0°49'2"W
OS Eastings: 478454
OS Northings: 406830
OS Grid: SE784068
Mapcode National: GBR QWQC.VB
Mapcode Global: WHFF5.FZ14
Entry Name: 64, High Street
Listing Date: 10 September 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1346668
English Heritage Legacy ID: 165076
Location: Belton, North Lincolnshire, DN9
County: North Lincolnshire
Civil Parish: Belton
Built-Up Area: Belton (North Lincolnshire) BU
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Belton All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SE 7806-7906 BELTON HIGH STREET
18/20 No 64
Farmhouse. 1741, with renovations of 1986-7. Brick. Pantile roof. 2-
room, central entrance-hall plan, with small storage chambers on each floor
behind staircase. 2 storeys with attic, 3 bays; symmetrical north front:
C20 half-glazed door in original frame with plain overlight, flanked by
segmental-arched windows with sills. 3-course brick first-floor band with
central course projecting. First floor: side bays have similar windows to
ground-floor, narrower window to centre. All windows with C20 glazing.
Stepped and cogged brick eaves cornice. Stone-coped gables with shaped
kneelers. Three C20 roof lights. Rebuilt end stacks. Original attic
window to right gable end with C20 glazing; inserted attic window to left.
Rear has original central ground-floor window, and C20 inserted windows, all
with C20 glazing. Interior. Notable for survival of original features.
Chamfered spine beams to ground-floor rooms, that to left with tongue stops,
that to right of reused timber framing. Original inglenook fireplace to
left with oak bressumer, arched interior alcove to right, cupboard with
fretwork ventilator grille to left. Ground-floor right room has corner
fireplace and round-headed corner cupboard with fielded panel doors in
architrave. Dogleg staircase with small half-cellar below, has panelled
well with small ventilator to ground-floor rear pantry or bacon-chamber.
First floor contains reused timber framing for beams, round-headed corner
cupboard to right room similar to ground floor; fielded-panel doors to
storage chamber behind staircase. 3-fielded-panel doors throughout; fielded
panel window reveals to south front with window seats. Plaster first floor
and attic floor. 6-bay pegged oak collared rafter roof with staggered butt
purlins, one collar inscribed 1741. Pairs of curved brackets from tie beams
up to wall plates. Right end of attic was a former pigeon loft, with a
series of nesting boxes inside the gable, and a brick wall with tiers of
further boxes beside the stairwell. One of very few unaltered examples of
this distinctive plan form: other, later, examples are 25 Low Street, Haxey
(qv) and 87 High Street, Swinefleet (qv).
Listing NGR: SE7845406830
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings