History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor House

A Grade II Listed Building in Haxey, North Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.4786 / 53°28'42"N

Longitude: -0.8326 / 0°49'57"W

OS Eastings: 477576

OS Northings: 398617

OS Grid: SK775986

Mapcode National: GBR QXM6.KR

Mapcode Global: WHFFK.5TTM

Entry Name: Manor House

Listing Date: 10 September 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1346689

English Heritage Legacy ID: 165183

Location: Haxey, North Lincolnshire, DN9

County: North Lincolnshire

Civil Parish: Haxey

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Haxey St Nicholas

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Haxey

Listing Text

SK 79 NE HAXEY MAIN STREET
(north side)
Graiselound
14/119 Manor House

GV II

Farmhouse. 1791 for George Taylor, with later alterations. Brown brick in
Flemish bond. Pantile roof. Double-depth plan with 2-room, central
entrance-hall south front, hall now open to ground floor left. 2 storeys, 3
bays; symmetrical. 6-fielded-panel door and plain overlight in architrave
beneath stucco flat arch, flanked by C19-C20 4-pane sashes in C18 flush
wooden architraves with sills beneath similar arches. Similar, but shorter,
first-floor sashes in similar surrounds. Stepped eaves, wooden eaves board.
Double-span roof with stone-coped gables and shaped kneelers. End stacks to
right (stack to front left removed). Right return, facing Graizelound
Fields Road, has C20 ground-floor casement to front range, C19 six-pane
ground-floor casement to rear range beneath segmental brick arch, with C20
first-floor casement above. Rainwater head on left return (formerly on
right return) inscribed: GT , with reliefs of a crown, lion and head of
1791
Britannia. Interior. Original open-well closed-string staircase with
corniced handrail, column-on-vase balusters with square knops, plain newel-
posts, and fielded panelling below; cyma-moulded spine beam to front left,
spine beam and exposed joists to kitchen, rear right. 3 low storeys to
rear, with roll-moulded ceiling beams.


Listing NGR: SK7757698617

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.