History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Glebe Place

A Grade II Listed Building in Aldenham, Hertfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6735 / 51°40'24"N

Longitude: -0.3523 / 0°21'8"W

OS Eastings: 514032

OS Northings: 198475

OS Grid: TQ140984

Mapcode National: GBR 52.5WC

Mapcode Global: VHFSM.V63F

Entry Name: Glebe Place

Listing Date: 23 February 1972

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1346868

English Heritage Legacy ID: 164053

Location: Aldenham, Hertsmere, Hertfordshire, WD25

County: Hertfordshire

District: Hertsmere

Civil Parish: Aldenham

Traditional County: Hertfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire

Church of England Parish: Aldenham

Church of England Diocese: St.Albans

Find accommodation in
Radlett

Listing Text

TQ 19 NW ALDENHAM ALDENHAM
(South side)

6/6 Glebe Place
23.2.72

GV II


Former vicarage, now house. Early C18 origins, enlarged 1825, refronted
and altered 1893, altered C20. Red brick front, stuccoed to rear. Hipped
slate roof. Original front to left, present arrangement is early C19. 2
storeys and attic. 6 window front, that to right more widely spaced.
Entrance in 3rd bay from left. C20 pedimented Doric porch. Glazing bar
sashes: moulded frames in shallow reveals. Ground floor right: C20 bay
window. First floor: keyed segmental heads with moulded dripstones.
Brick quoins to returns. Plinth. Modillion eaves cornice. 6 gabled
dormers. 2 stacks to front pitch flanking entrance. Rear faces into
churchyard: scattered sashes in deep reveals, C18 dentilled eaves
towards original front. 2 tall stacks, one extruded. Left return -
original front, C19 windows towards front, C18 sash and parapet towards
rear, ground floor conservatory and brick additions. Interior not
inspected. (ed. W.Briggs and K.F.Gibbs, Aldenham Parish Registers vol.II
1910, p.338).


Listing NGR: TQ1403298475

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.