History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor House

A Grade II Listed Building in Bradley, North East Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.5427 / 53°32'33"N

Longitude: -0.1291 / 0°7'44"W

OS Eastings: 524071

OS Northings: 406748

OS Grid: TA240067

Mapcode National: GBR WWJG.VR

Mapcode Global: WHHHY.Z6PX

Entry Name: Manor House

Listing Date: 4 January 1967

Last Amended: 18 June 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1346949

English Heritage Legacy ID: 164379

Location: Bradley, North East Lincolnshire, DN37

County: North East Lincolnshire

Civil Parish: Bradley

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Little Coates St Michael

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Laceby

Listing Text



TA 20 NW BRADLEY CHURCH LANE
(west side)

2/14 Manor House (formerly listed
as Bradley Manor)
4.1.67

GV II

House. 1686 on datestone, with range to right of earlier, possibly C16
origins; C19 front entrance porch, bay windows and extensive C19-C20
alterations and rear additions. Brick with some ashlar dressings to earlier
range and porch. Pantile roofs; plain tiles to bay windows and porch. Main
range L-shaped on plan: 2-room central entrance hall range with 2-room
forward-projecting wing to right. 2 storeys with attic, irregular
fenestration. Left range: 2 first floor windows. Projecting entrance porch
with ashlar plinth, 2-light ashlar mullioned window with hood; re-set
weathered ashlar sundial and slit window in brick-coped gable with shaped
kneelers; entrance to right return with moulded arched ashlar surround. Two
stones to left of porch inscribed RN and 1686, possibly re-set. Ground
floor canted bay windows to either side with C19-C20 casements and hipped
roofs, that to left extending to porch. First floor: unequal 12-pane sashes
and blocked former windows. Three C20 hipped dormer windows. Steeply-
pitched brick-coped gable to left with later end stack. Wing to right:
front gable-end has C20 restored brick plinth, ashlar quoins to lower
section; C20 ground floor casement and 12-pane sliding sash beneath timber
lintels, attic casement. Brick-coped crow-stepped gable (C20 rebuilt upper
section) with circular tie-bar ends and truncated stack. Right return has
C20 ground floor bay window, first floor sliding sashes and pair of C20
dormers; axial stack. Interior. Range to left has good open well closed-
string staircase, probably of 1686, with moulded handrail, bulb-on-vase
balusters, ball finials and pendant drops to plain newels; contemporary 2-
panel doors to first floor landing with bolection mouldings; late C18 arched
alcove to central room; early C19 cornice, arched alcoves and architraves to
ground floor left; 5-bay staggered butt-purlin roof. Spine beams to main
rooms of both wings: exposed timbers to rear passage may represent remains
of an earlier timber-frame.


Listing NGR: TA2407106748

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.