This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4786 / 53°28'42"N
Longitude: -0.1347 / 0°8'4"W
OS Eastings: 523887
OS Northings: 399602
OS Grid: TF238996
Mapcode National: GBR WXH6.MR
Mapcode Global: WHHJ4.XT1M
Entry Name: Church of Saint Martin
Listing Date: 4 January 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1346950
English Heritage Legacy ID: 164384
Location: East Ravendale, North East Lincolnshire, DN37
County: North East Lincolnshire
Civil Parish: East Ravendale
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Ravendale
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 29 NW EAST RAVENDALE
9/19 Church of Saint Martin
Parish church. 1857 by James Fowler of Louth. Ironstone ashlar with
limestone ashlar dressings. Plain tile roof. Gothic Revival style. 3-bay
nave with south porch and 2-bay chancel with vestry adjoining north side.
Plinth, angle buttresses, cill band. Single and twin lancets with
hoodmoulds and foliate stops; stepped east lancets. Twin west lancets with
quatrefoil above in projecting bay rising to gabled bellcote with single
shafted trefoiled opening. Porch with pointed shafted outer door and
chamfered inner door. Interior. Shafts and moulded arches to nave and east
chancel windows; pointed chancel arch with dogtooth moulding on filleted
responds. Ornate carved stone reredos with blind arcade of pointed arches
on marble shafts; ornate shafted niche to north chancel wall. Polychrome
encaustic tile floor to chancel. Inscribed C14 floor slab at west end, much
worn: Twin stained glass south windows, with scenes and figures against
patterned ground, by Morris & Co. (Edward Burne-Jones and William Morris).
N Pevsner and J Harris, The Buildings of England: Lincolnshire, 1978, p 230.
Listing NGR: TF2388799602
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings