This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7982 / 51°47'53"N
Longitude: -0.3947 / 0°23'41"W
OS Eastings: 510792
OS Northings: 212276
OS Grid: TL107122
Mapcode National: GBR H7N.904
Mapcode Global: VHFS1.32NC
Entry Name: The Red House
Listing Date: 19 October 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1347218
English Heritage Legacy ID: 163716
Location: Redbourn, St. Albans, Hertfordshire, AL3
District: St. Albans
Civil Parish: Redbourn
Built-Up Area: Redbourn
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Redbourn
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TL 1012 REDBOURN HIGH STREET
15/178 The Red House
Large town house, now offices. Circa 1800. Red brick with
rubbed brick dressings. Slate hipped roof with wide bracketed
eaves. 3 storeys over cellar. 5 recessed sash windows with
gauged brick lintels. Moulded 2nd floor rubbed brick band.
Central Adam-style wooden doorcase with three-quarter composite
columns and open pediment with enriched cornice. Flush panel
door with radiating fan in arched recess. 3-window S elevation
has sash venetian windows nearest road, the round-headed central
sashes with Gothic top lights. Similar single sashes on 1st
floor. Contemporary stable block adjoins on SE. Single storey
3-window parapeted front with wide former carriage arch.
Listing NGR: TL1079512281
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings