This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0393 / 52°2'21"N
Longitude: -0.1589 / 0°9'32"W
OS Eastings: 526375
OS Northings: 239473
OS Grid: TL263394
Mapcode National: GBR J6D.2ND
Mapcode Global: VHGNG.60BJ
Entry Name: Chantry House
Listing Date: 27 May 1968
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1347320
English Heritage Legacy ID: 162205
Location: Ashwell, North Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, SG7
District: North Hertfordshire
Civil Parish: Ashwell
Built-Up Area: Ashwell
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Ashwell
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TL 2639 ASHWELL WEST END
(South east side)
8/74 No. 31
27.5.68 (Chantry House)
House. C15, altered C17. Timber frame. Walls in clunch, plaster and
painted brick. Steeply pitched thatched roof. 1 storey and attics. 3
casements, those on ground floor leaded, those in dormers with glazing
bars. Right end walls are clunch. Blocked C15 stone window with remains
of 2 cinquefoiled lights. To left centre and right gable ends are C17
red brick stack. On right end is a thatched lean-to with clunch walls.
Internally, 2 trusses enclose the centre stack. To right of stack is a
C17 cable-moulded beam. Inglenook on right end, blocking the C15 window.
Listing NGR: TL2637539473
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings