History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Mission Hall, Corner Cottage, and Dane Cottage (On West of the Boot Public House)

A Grade II Listed Building in Little Munden, Hertfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8751 / 51°52'30"N

Longitude: -0.0644 / 0°3'51"W

OS Eastings: 533345

OS Northings: 221389

OS Grid: TL333213

Mapcode National: GBR K9S.GJH

Mapcode Global: VHGP8.T4TC

Entry Name: The Old Mission Hall, Corner Cottage, and Dane Cottage (On West of the Boot Public House)

Listing Date: 24 January 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1347560

English Heritage Legacy ID: 161328

Location: Little Munden, East Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, SG12

County: Hertfordshire

District: East Hertfordshire

Civil Parish: Little Munden

Built-Up Area: Dane End

Traditional County: Hertfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire

Church of England Parish: The Mundens

Church of England Diocese: St.Albans

Find accommodation in
Ardeley

Listing Text

Dane End
TL 3321 LITTLE MUNDEN MUNDEN ROAD
(west side)

10/7 The Old Mission Hall,
Corner Cottage, and
- Dane Cottage
(on W of The Boot PH)

GV II


Chapel and house adjoining, now 3 houses. Early C18 house,
chapel certified in 1804 for non-conformists (owned by Wesleyan
Society in 1840 Tithe Award), bought by Rector 1885 for Mission
Hall, sold 1952 and converted. Timber framed on tarred brick
plinth (stucco on house). Dark weatherboarded 2 storeys roadside
range with steep old red tile roof hipped at W. Single-storey
and attic old house (Dane Cottage) at rear on left, roughcast
with steep old red tile gambrel roof with a large dormer on each
side. Lobby entry at S end next chimney. The front range has a
central chimney a third from the W end, and 5 windows to 1st
floor and 4 on ground floor. 2-light and single cast iron small-
paned casements. Doors with small hoods in ends of range.
Picturesque village building.


Listing NGR: TL3334521389

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.