This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8729 / 51°52'22"N
Longitude: 0.158 / 0°9'28"E
OS Eastings: 548656
OS Northings: 221573
OS Grid: TL486215
Mapcode National: GBR LCD.JRW
Mapcode Global: VHHLV.P6C1
Entry Name: Entrance Arch and Wall to No 5
Listing Date: 11 July 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1347846
English Heritage Legacy ID: 160923
Location: Bishop's Stortford, East Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, CM23
District: East Hertfordshire
Civil Parish: Bishop's Stortford
Built-Up Area: Bishop's Stortford
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Bishops Stortford
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
5253 HALF ACRES
Entrance arch and wall
to No 5
TL 4821 NE:1/29
C15 stone mullioned window in irregular flint and brick screen wall erected c.1890 with
material from St Michael's Church. On axis of entrance to former Chantry House. Four
cusped lights under flat moulded top, centre 2 functioning as entrance to No 5.
Listing NGR: TL4865621573
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings