History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Eastwick Manor

A Grade II Listed Building in Eastwick, Hertfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.785 / 51°47'6"N

Longitude: 0.0754 / 0°4'31"E

OS Eastings: 543250

OS Northings: 211634

OS Grid: TL432116

Mapcode National: GBR LDG.1VK

Mapcode Global: VHHM6.8D6F

Entry Name: Eastwick Manor

Listing Date: 19 September 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1348041

English Heritage Legacy ID: 159888

Location: Eastwick, East Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, CM20

County: Hertfordshire

District: East Hertfordshire

Civil Parish: Eastwick

Traditional County: Hertfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire

Church of England Parish: Gilston with Eastwick

Church of England Diocese: St.Albans

Find accommodation in
Roydon

Listing Text

TL 4311 EASTWICK CHURCH LANE
(west side)
Eastwick village

10/3 Eastwick Manor

-

GV II


Rectory, now a house. 1826 (carved on brick on S end: shown in
background of Buckler drawing of 1827 in church) possibly
incorporating shell of an earlier building. Classical former
Rectory, facing E. Sold c1921. 2 storeys and cellar, L-shaped
house with hipped slate roofs and wide, plastered eaves soffits.
Red brick formerly limewashed, with moulded stucco caps to
pilasters. Portland stone steps and sills. Main range has
double-pile plan with rear part (music room) recessed on S end.
2 storeys service wing attached at NW corner with single storey
hipped roofed kitchen in angle. W end of service wing formerly
single storey in sandy red brick, heightened and widened on S in
C20. Symmetrical formal 3-window E front with pilasters clasping
corners and central panel advanced to same plane. Stucco echinus
moulded stucco caps to each projection. Recessed sash windows
with segmental gauged arches and 6/6 panes with slender glazing
bars. Upper windows slightly narrower. Round-headed central
doorway up 2 Portland stone steps. 2 recessed stucco orders and
round-headed fanlight with radial glazing bars. Early C19 cast
iron basket grate in music room. Good quality moulded doors,
architraves, shutters and panelled doors. Very thick internal
walls. Cellar under N end of front part. A fine classical
Rectory of 1826, little altered and with a well-proportined front
and original interior. Forms an interesting hillside group with
its stables and is important as part of the landscaped setting of
the church.


Listing NGR: TL4325011634

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.