This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4153 / 52°24'54"N
Longitude: -2.1174 / 2°7'2"W
OS Eastings: 392110
OS Northings: 279703
OS Grid: SO921797
Mapcode National: GBR 1CK.KH6
Mapcode Global: VH91Q.7KY9
Entry Name: Clent House
Listing Date: 16 November 1967
Last Amended: 17 July 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1348604
English Heritage Legacy ID: 156323
Location: Clent, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, DY9
Civil Parish: Clent
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Clent
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SO 97 NW CLIENT CP BROMSGROVE RAOD (east side)
6/58 Clent House
(Formerly listed as Clent
Stables, now house. 1709; converted c1955 with further late C20 alterations
and additions. Handmade red brick in Flemish bond with sandstone dressings
and base; plain tiled hipped roof with overhanging bracketed eaves; two large
panelled C20 brick ridge stacks. Two storeys with moulded stone band between
storeys and moulded eaves cornice. 4:3:4 bays; central bays break forward
under a pedimented gable; end quoins; windows have gauged flat heads-and
moulded keyblocks mainly in form of acanthus leaves; cross-casements on
ground floor; 2-light casements on first floor; all windows are of mid-C20
date. Pedimented gable contains 12-sided clockface; central entrance has
a segmental pediment, fluted pilasters, entablature and 8-panelled C20 door.
The first and second bays to the left have large double doors on the ground
floor with cambered heads; in the third and fourth bays is a larger set of
double doors and to the left of these is a narrow door which has a transom
light with three glazing bars. At the centre of the roof ridge is a cupola;
octagonal base with basket-arched arcade, modillion cornice, domical lead
roof and ball finial. Interior has been remodelled. Mid-C20 wing to rear
right and late C20 single-storey addition to rear left. The building was the
original stables to Clent House, an early C18 house and the seat of the
Amphlett family, which was demolished at the beginning of the C20. (BoE, p 121).
Listing NGR: SO9211079703
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings