History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Manor

A Grade II* Listed Building in Feckenham, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.


Latitude: 52.2505 / 52°15'1"N

Longitude: -1.9917 / 1°59'30"W

OS Eastings: 400662

OS Northings: 261366

OS Grid: SP006613

Mapcode National: GBR 2H0.TJ2

Mapcode Global: VHB00.FPFN

Entry Name: The Manor

Listing Date: 10 April 1954

Last Amended: 28 November 1986

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1348645

English Heritage Legacy ID: 156536

Location: Feckenham, Redditch, Worcestershire, B96

County: Worcestershire

District: Redditch

Civil Parish: Feckenham

Built-Up Area: Feckenham

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Feckenham St John Baptist

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in

Listing Text

SP 0061 - 0161
9/60 The Minor (formerly listed
as No 24 The Manor House)


House. Late C16, remodelled c1730 with mid-C19 alterations and additions.
Brick with ashlar dressings and partly hipped plain tiled roofs with parapets
to rear gables and brick ridge stacks. Two storeys, cellar and attic with
dormers; moulded plinth band, string above window heads of-both main storeys
of front elevation and two-course brick bands similarly situated in side
elevations; bracketed timber eaves cornice. Five bays with rusticated end
quoins; windows have gauged flat heads with plain keyblocks and moulded
stone sills; all windows are 4-pane sashes, three hipped dormers with 6-
pane windows; central entrance has a projecting open-pediment, entablature
and engaged Doric columns, within is a 4-panelled door and traceried fanlight.
Interior: large moulded ceiling beams to rear of house; room to front right
and rear left have large and elaborately detailed Jacobean chimneypieces;
central hall retains its C18 dog-leg staircase with moulded handrail and
turned balusters; room to front left retains its C18 panelling including
panelled round-headed niche to right of fireplace. C19 domestic wing added
to rear right. The date "1730". is written on a rainwater hopper head at the
rear of the building. The house originally belonged to the Throckmorton

Listing NGR: SP0066261366

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.