History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Sydney Place

A Grade II Listed Building in Bewdley, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3765 / 52°22'35"N

Longitude: -2.312 / 2°18'43"W

OS Eastings: 378856

OS Northings: 275426

OS Grid: SO788754

Mapcode National: GBR 0BC.Y16

Mapcode Global: VH91S.WJ3K

Entry Name: Sydney Place

Listing Date: 27 May 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1348677

English Heritage Legacy ID: 156722

Location: Bewdley, Wyre Forest, Worcestershire, DY12

County: Worcestershire

District: Wyre Forest

Civil Parish: Bewdley

Built-Up Area: Bewdley

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Wribbenhall

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Bewdley

Listing Text


SO 7875 SE BEWDLEY CP KIDDERMINSTER ROAD (north side)
Wribbenhall

13/80 Nos 5, 7, 9 (Sydney Place)
(formerly listed as Nos 1, 2
and 3 Sydney Place)

GV II

Three houses. 1745 for Jacob Cottrell, with mid-C19 and some late C20
alterations. Brick, partially rendered, with hipped tile roof and rear
stacks. Three storeys, stone coped parapet, rusticated pilasters to each
corner, 2 + 2 + 2 windows divided by flat pilasters; boxed glazing bar sashes
under plastered wedge lintels with sill band, second floor similar with 9-pane
sashes; ground floor has five boxed glazing bar sashes; entrance to passage-
way (to nos 5 and 7) to right of two left-hand windows has a 2-leaf door with
raised and fielded panels; entrance to no 9 at right-hand corner approached
by three stone steps has a flat wooden canopy, 3-pane overlight and six flush
panelled door. Rainwater pipes between two windows to left and two to right
had a square section lead pipe, replaced by circular cast iron to right and
on ground floor to left, but both have rainwater heads inscribed "1745/C /IE".


Listing NGR: SO7885075423

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.