This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.045 / 52°2'42"N
Longitude: -2.8477 / 2°50'51"W
OS Eastings: 341956
OS Northings: 238855
OS Grid: SO419388
Mapcode National: GBR FD.FB8D
Mapcode Global: VH784.LVCN
Entry Name: The Red Lion
Listing Date: 21 February 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1348751
English Heritage Legacy ID: 155113
Location: Madley, County of Herefordshire, HR2
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Madley
Built-Up Area: Madley
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Madley with Tyberton
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 43 NW MADLEY CP -
4/60 The Red Lion
House, now public house. Probably C17 with 1852 on tablet. Timber-frame,
partly cased in painted brick, Welsh slate roofs, stone and brick stacks.
T-plan with main range aligned east/west and cross-wing at west end.
Plain range has two storeys; cross-wing, one storey and attic. South
elevation has 1:3 windows, segmentally-headed, 2-light mid-C29 casements;
gable front has 4-light segmentally-headed ground floor window; main range
mid-C20 top-vent windows to left and 3-light segmentally-headed mid-C19
casement to right of central entry with gabled canopy, date tablet to top
of gable; east gable and apex of west gable of main range have exposed
timber-framing; cross-wing has timber-framing exposed to rear with three
panels of square framing between cill and wall-plate. Interior has exposed
timber-framed cross-walls and heavy oak ceiling beams.
Listing NGR: SO4195638855
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings