This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8813 / 51°52'52"N
Longitude: -2.6012 / 2°36'4"W
OS Eastings: 358713
OS Northings: 220472
OS Grid: SO587204
Mapcode National: GBR FQ.RRDH
Mapcode Global: VH86H.VZQ6
Entry Name: War Memorial
Listing Date: 17 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1348842
English Heritage Legacy ID: 155484
Location: Walford, County of Herefordshire, HR9
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Walford
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Walford
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
B 4228 (west side)
SO 52 SE
War memorial. Circa 1920, by Gilbert Boulton of Cheltenham. Limestone.
Rectangular plan. Moulded plinth rests on base of two steps. Upper part
has hollow-chamfered corners with fleuron decoration. In front is a
statue of St George and the dragon on a semi-octagonal base. Above is
a shield with cross within a wreath, and an inscription: "For King and
Country. To the Glory of God and in memory of the men of Walford who
gave their lives in the Great War 1914 - 1918". The names of the dead
of both wars are inscribed on slate and attached to the front of the
Listing NGR: SO5871320472
This List entry has been amended to add sources for War Memorials Online and the War Memorials Register. These sources were not used in the compilation of this List entry but are added here as a guide for further reading, 19 January 2017.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings