This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0411 / 52°2'27"N
Longitude: -2.678 / 2°40'40"W
OS Eastings: 353594
OS Northings: 238295
OS Grid: SO535382
Mapcode National: GBR FM.FJBW
Mapcode Global: VH85P.JYMN
Entry Name: Former Stable Block About 40 Yards South of Rotherwas Chapel
Listing Date: 21 May 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1348886
English Heritage Legacy ID: 155620
Location: Dinedor, County of Herefordshire, HR2
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Dinedor
Built-Up Area: Hereford
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Dinedor with Holme Lacy
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
DINEDOR CP ROTHERWAS
SO 53 NW
2/23 Former stable block
about 40 yards south
of Rotherwas Chapel
Stable block and grooms' quarters, now dwellings and garage. Probably C18
with late C19 and early C20 alterations. Brick with hipped Welsh slate
roofs and brick stacks. Rectangular plan aligned north-east/south-west,
with pavilions to each end. One storey with two-storey pavilions. West
elevation has 2:1:2 windows. Two cross-casements to each floor of each
pavilion and a small C20 rectangular window recessed beneath late C19
hipped portion of single-storey central part. Pavilions have moulded eaves
cornices and two-section plat bands. Central part is supported on cast-
iron columns. Entry in left pavilion and beneath centre portion. Interior
not inspected. The block served Rotherwas House which was demolished 1921-2.
Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SO5359438295
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings