This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0875 / 52°5'15"N
Longitude: -3.0662 / 3°3'58"W
OS Eastings: 327044
OS Northings: 243779
OS Grid: SO270437
Mapcode National: GBR F3.BQ2J
Mapcode Global: VH77T.SSWK
Entry Name: Church of the Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 16 November 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1348899
English Heritage Legacy ID: 153702
Location: Clifford, County of Herefordshire, HR3
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Clifford
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Hardwicke
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 24 SE CLIFFORD CP B 4348 (north side)
5/81 Church of the Holy Trinity
Parish church. 1849/1851. By Thomas Tudor of Monmouth. Ashlar, tile
roof. Decorated style. Chancel, south porch, nave and north vestry.
Nave: 3 windows to south wall, porch between western pair, each window
has 2 trefoiled lights under a 2-centred head with stopped labels; porch
has 2-centred arch as does south door, with small single trefoiled lights
to side walls; 5 stepped buttresses; west wall: window above west door has
3 trefoiled lights with tracery above, head has a stopped label; west door
also has stopped label; both are framed by 2 large buttresses supporting
the open bell cote above which has two 2-centred head openings with 2 bells;
surmounted by a cross finials; north wall has 3 windows similar to south,
and a lancet at east end. Chancel: south wall: 2 lancets, diagonal buttress
to corner; east window: 3 trefoiled lights with tracery above and label.
North vestry has 2 lancets in east wall, flanking ashlar stack. Interior:
full set of contemporary fittings. Roof: nave: 4-bay hammer beam with
intermediate trusses; chancel: wooden ribbed barrel vault. Glass: east
and west windows of 1851 by John Bell of Bristol. The ecclesiastical parish
of Hardwick was formed from Clifford in 1853. (K R Clew, 1984 Church Guide
Listing NGR: SO2704443779
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings