This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.914 / 51°54'50"N
Longitude: -2.5854 / 2°35'7"W
OS Eastings: 359829
OS Northings: 224105
OS Grid: SO598241
Mapcode National: GBR FR.PP8V
Mapcode Global: VH86J.45K1
Entry Name: St Mary's Hall
Listing Date: 4 August 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1349290
English Heritage Legacy ID: 153499
Location: Ross-on-Wye, County of Herefordshire, HR9
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Ross-on-Wye
Built-Up Area: Ross-on-Wye
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Ross
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
1. CHURCH ROW
1560 St Mary's Hall
So 5924 1/31
C18. Red brick. 2 storeys and cellar, 6 windows, 16-pane sashes on 1st
floor, 24-pane on ground. Gauged brick lintels. Sandstone band on 1st
floor level. Door, 6 flush panels. Hipped slate roof. Brick dentil eaves
interesting for local history. Founded temp Edward VI as a Latin Grammar
School. It became ruinous and was refounded in 1704 by efforts of John
Kyrle. 2 storeys and cellar.
[House occupied by Okell end Okell St Mary 's Cottage St Mary 's Hall]
and No 16 Church Street form a group.
Listing NGR: SO5982924105
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings