This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1128 / 52°6'46"N
Longitude: -2.347 / 2°20'49"W
OS Eastings: 376333
OS Northings: 246108
OS Grid: SO763461
Mapcode National: GBR 0FM.FFV
Mapcode Global: VH934.85L5
Entry Name: Church of St James
Listing Date: 30 November 1949
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1349475
English Heritage Legacy ID: 152173
Location: West Malvern, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, WR14
District: Malvern Hills
Civil Parish: West Malvern
Built-Up Area: Great Malvern
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: West Malvern St James
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
WEST MALVERN ROAD
Church of St James
SO 74 NE 12/27 30.11.49.
Rebuilt in 1871 by G E Street, in Early English style. Malvern stone with ashlar
dressings and tile roof. Tower with gabled roof. West end altered 1925-6.
Nave and aisles, 3 bays with columns with foliated capitals. Altar rails of
wrought iron and brass formerly part of one used in King Henry VII's Chapel
at Westminster Abbey, presented to this church in 1870 by the Dean and Chapter.
Listing NGR: SO7633346108
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings